Happy Friday friends!
I get questions all of the time on how to build a timeless wardrobe. To do that you have to have a strong foundation, and with fashion that means having the right undergarments. Without those, your clothes won’t lay right, you can have lumps and bumps showing and above all, if you’re uncomfortable with what you have on underneath you won’t feel comfortable in what you’re layering on top. As you age your needs can change too. The pretty little flimsy thong you wore in your twenties might not cut it once you’re in your 40’s. God love those of you that can still pull them off lol!
I wrote a post on some of my favorite undergarments a couple of years ago, but I’ve done a lot of research, and I feel like I’ve found the best unmentionables out there!
- Embliss Lifting Demi Bra– I’ve always been one of those women who walk in the door and immediately ditch the bra! Not with this one! With this one you forget you even have one on! The material is so soft! It gives you just the right amount of lift and cleavage and is lightly padded so no one can tell when you’re cold! I bought one of these and wore it all day, and first thing the next day I ordered another one! I got my true size. Right now they are having a BOGO 50% off sale. Having a black and a nude crosses off number one on the list.
2. Comfort Underwire Convertible Strapless Bra-Finding a great strapless bra is so hard! So many of them constantly slip down, and you’re forever hiking it up! I have tried almost every one out there, from low to high end, and this one is hands down the winner! It stays in place, has light padding and great support. The best part is it’s only $22! I wear mine so much I broke down and bought a second one in case anything would ever happen to it! Make sure you size up one on the bandwidth. Ex. if you normally wear a 34C size up to a 36C.
3. Vanishing Edge Microfiber Lace Hipster– My number one mission on this year-long research was to find the perfect pair of undies! Ones that have great coverage, comfy and won’t move around giving you the dreaded wedgie! I found the perfect pair! These have a patented Vanishing Edge technology with stay put silicone at the leg openings! These babies aren’t going anywhere! They come in the Hipster, Bikini, Brief, Boyshort, Thong and Shapewear. I get my normal size in them. They are a little pricey but they are worth it! They hold up wash after wash, and right now they are having a Buy 3 get 2 free sale!
4. Higher Power Mid-Thigh Shaping Shorts– Oh the joys of getting older! You get to wear fun things like this lol! But seriously this is a miracle worker! Under form fitting pants and dresses it smooths any lumps and bumps. It lifts and sucks you in in all of the right places! I love that it comes up high enough to deal with any muffin top issues and is low enough to smooth the booty and thighs! I have tried some of the shapewear from discount stores, but it just isn’t the same as my tried and true Spanx! I’ve had mine for 3 years, and it’s still going strong!
5. Lace Bralette– With the off the shoulder tops being such a big trend having a bralette is almost a necessity these days. I love wearing this under sweatshirts or loose sweaters as it’s so comfy! This inexpensive one from Amazon is my favorite!
6. The Perfect Sports Bra– A woman can’t complete here undergarment wardrobe without having a great sports bra! This one is made out of the silkiest fabric and is incredibly comfortable! It gives great support and has light lining so nothing pokes through! Since I work from home and am in comfy clothes the majority of the time, this is probably my most worn piece! You will fall in love! It is also on the BOGO 50% off sale!
With these items in your rotation you will be set! Next week I will be sharing my Top 10 Fall Wardrobe Staples for Women Over 40!