Hi friends! I’m Shanna, a Kansas girl with a love for travel, chocolate and my 3 rescue pups! Here I share room makeovers, travel adventures and my latest fashion/beauty finds!
I’ve been married to my hubby amazing Topher for 21 years and am a proud mom to a 19 year old daughter who is almost finished with college (thank goodness!).
As a 42 year old woman I was struggling with what fashion category I fell into as I didn’t want to be “that girl” who was trying to dress too young and I didn’t want to be dressing like my someone my mother’s age either (no offense mom!). So I am here to help bridge the gap for us 30-50+ ladies who want to dress age appropriate while still looking stylish!
I’m a lover of great deals and I believe decorating and a great wardrobe don’t require a lot of money just a little creativity.
If you are looking for specific projects or ideas just use the navigation bar at the top of the blog for menu of drop down categories.
For collaborations please email me at email@example.com. Daily Dose of Style does not accept guest posts.
I’m far from a fashion/beauty expert, but hopefully in this blog you can learn from some triumphs, and mistakes, and have a little fun along the way!
Weird Quirky Things About Me
1. I hate spoons. I will avoid them at all costs and only use them when I eat soup or cereal. I even eat ice cream with a fork.
2. I have crazy curly hair. In the picture above that is after they have been tamed with a curling iron. Humidity is not my friend.
3. I hate all green foods. Yes I know I’m an adult and I should get over it but I can’t all green foods taste like dirt. The only way greens pass these lips is in a smoothie drown out by yummy fruits.
4. My hubby’s actual name is Chris but I call him Topher. My dad’s name is also Chris and it’s just too creepy having your hubby and your dad have the same name.
5. I’m super afraid of heights and am claustrophobic. Topher and I toured a cave once where we had to go down “the domino” staircase (where one person slips and we all go down) and had to ride a trolley to get out that went completely vertical. That is where I lost it and I’m pretty sure Topher thought about leaving me there.
7. I am a complete insomniac. If you’re ever up at 3 am and need someone to talk to, I’m your girl.
8. I love soup year round. 100 degrees out and I’m making chicken noodle soup.
9. I hate winter.
10. I am obsessed with all things blue but especially aqua.
11. I could eat my weight in Ben & Jerry’s Milk and Cookies ice cream.
12. I detest coffee which is good because I am a jittery mess if I have more than a quarter of a can of Pepsi.
13. I have the adverse reaction to sleeping pills. Doctors have tried giving me horse tranquilizers and I didn’t sleep for 3 days.
14. I love the beach but can’t be in the sun longer than 20 minutes without burning.
15. I threw up every single day of my pregnancy.
16. I only have one child. She goes by “the unnamed child” hence I don’t embarrass her on my blog.
17. I am obsessed with traveling. If I won the lottery I would travel around the world and hire someone to do my hair and makeup everyday. That would be my ultimate dream come true.
18. I eat everything plain. Condiments like ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise are the devil.
19. I could go vintage shopping for days. Topher couldn’t.
20. I listen to Christmas music all day everyday from Thanksgiving day to Christmas Day.
21. I only eat the tips of my french fries since I only really like the crispy parts. Why waste the calories on the parts you don’t like?
22. I don’t like to eat any kind of meat that is served on the bone. I am a total animal lover, and if I didn’t despise vegetables I would become a vegetarian in a minute. Eating anything like ribs or buffalo wings creeps me out since I fixate on this covered in skin and fur/feathers. Yes I know that boneless chicken breasts used to have bones in them. but if I don’t see them, I can trick myself into thinking this thing on my plate wasn’t walking around on a farm a week ago. For me, my meat is grown under the plastic wrapper in the back of the grocery store.
23. I love, love, love comfy jammies and robes. I have tons of them. For Christmas: jammies. My birthday: jammies. Valentine’s Day: jammies. All comfy. All super soft.
24. I only eat green and clear colored gummy bears. With skittles it’s the red, purple and green. I’m just not a fan of orange or yellow anything.
25. I am a huge reader. I go through at least 2 books a week on average. I’m always looking for recommendations so let me know!