I found this chair at a yard sale, in a barn, way out in the country. It was filthy but I could see the potential. The leather padding on the seat was still intact, it had neat claw feet, and it was actually comfortable.
After cleaning 2 lbs of dirt from it, I taped off the leather seat with frog tape so I wouldn’t get paint on it. I then gave it 3 coats of chalk paint, distressed it, glazed it (I didn’t want it to lose the vintage feel) and coated it with wax a few times to protect it.
Of course I forgot to take the before picture! Here is the after.
It’s going on craigslist tomorrow but if any of my subscribers want first dibs, I’m asking $40.
Leave a Reply