Since Christmas is literally right around the corner, I thought I would share my top ten favorite things about Christmas:
1. Christmas Music … from Thanksgiving day to the last hour possible on Christmas day. Of course this makes Topher and the unnamed child insane, but they just have to suck it up.
2. Willams Sonoma Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate, with their fantastic marshmallows. This is my dessert each night around Christmas time.
3. Putting my tree, and all my other holiday decorations, up throughout every room in the house. Anytime I am home, day or night, I have the lights lit on the tree and above the mantle. It just makes me happy.
4. Christmas Shopping. I love buying gifts for other people. I almost like shopping for others more than myself. Although if a thing or two for myself happen to fall into the cart (and subsequently my stocking) while shopping for others, I am okay with that.
5. Looking at Christmas Lights. Since before Topher and I got married, we would spend hours driving around looking at lights. Then when the child was little, she was obsessed with looking at lights. Now at least once or twice during the season, we pile the pups into the car, and we all enjoy the beauty of the season — with, weather permitting, the window down and puppy ears flapping in the wind.
6. Holiday Parties / spending time with family and friends. Sadly, some people you only see once or twice a year, and it’s so nice to catch up.
7. Wonderful Holiday Foods. Just like our amazing traditional breakfast-at-dinner get together, where we gorge ourselves on ridiculous amounts of bacon. Plus, it is one of the two times a year I get my favorite food: pecan pie. That’s one of those things that can’t come from a store … it has to be homemade.
8. Sitting with my pups beside the fire. Nothing is more relaxing than reading a book (a real book – with pages, not an e-book) all snuggled up under a comfy blanket surrounded by little white faces.
9. Two words, Christmas Movies. I love love love White Christmas, and Holiday Inn, and Miracle on 34th Street. You might as well throw in Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, and Elf at least once.
10. Celebrating the reason for the season. Going to Christmas Eve Mass, listening to the beautiful Christmas carols, and thanking God for sending His son, so we may have such a blessed life.
How about you? What are some of your favorite things about Christmas? Favorite movie, food, or tradition? Leave a comment down below letting us hear them!