I was thinking about some of my favorite things right now and this is what I came up with.
- My new mirror that I got at a yard sale. My dear hubby and brother put this bad boy up for me. I owe them for that.
- My new pumpkins I got for beside my mirror.
- Now I know this one is weird, lol, but I got a vintage bichon at a shop on Saturday. It looks just like my LuLu! My husband thinks I’m crazy and my daughter thinks it’s creepy but I don’t care. What are the chances of finding something like this? My hubby says there’s a reason for that. It’s so funny, when we brought it home the dogs all gathered around it and started sniffing it’s butt! So it’s now officially one of the pack.
- My new rug for the kitchen. It will look a lot better once I get my dining room table finished.
- Be Kind granola bars. They are pretty healthy and really yummy.
- Dancing with the Stars all stars. I know, I know it’s not exactly mind stimulating television but I love all the glitz.
- Orange leaf ( a frozen yogurt shop). Tonight I got snicker doodle and Oreo cookie cake flavors. It’s yogurt, so it can’t be that bad for you right?
- Joss and Main. They have daily decor and furniture sales that are fanfreakingtastic. The great part is when you buy something there you get free shipping for the rest of the month! That’s where I got my rug and I maybe bought something really cool for my wall today (don’t tell my hubby).I will show you when it gets here.
- I love the cooler weather. I love being able to take the pups on a walk without them wanting to turn back after 3 minutes.
- I love fall yard sales. The ones in the spring and the fall are usually the best. The people that have them in the scorching heat are usually desperate for money and the stuff isn’t too high of quality. In the spring and fall people are just cleaning the good stuff out, which means more new projects for me!
Here is my newest project. It’s an antique lowboy dresser. Here is the before picture:
It was in good shape but the top was pretty scratched up. I sanded it down, I mixed together some chalk paint using Sherwin Williams Jamaica Bay. I then distressed it using a glaze mixture of Valspar translucent mixing glaze and stain and then sealed it with clear Annie Sloan wax. When you wax a piece you put on a light coat and let it dry overnight. You then buff it off with a clean rag or cheesecloth and depending on how heavily used the piece is going to be used sometimes I repeat the process.
I got some cute little knobs for it and voila! This would be perfect for a TV console or a darling little dresser. It is 43 inches wide and 26 inches tall. I’m asking $150 for it.
Came over from Treasure Hunt thursday…and your blue dresser is absolutely lovely!
So beautiful the dresser turned out! Thanx for sharing at THT!
business website builder reviews says
I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this
website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
Plz respond as I’m looking to design my own blog and would like to
find out where u got this from. appreciate it
Thanks so much! My hubby and I did do the custom design ourselves. Not being professionals it did take us some time to get it the way we wanted.