I’ve got something fun for you guys today! Porch.com contacted me a few weeks ago, asking if I would do an interview with them in their new On the Front Porch series! Porch.com is a home network that allows you to find the right professionals, get inspired, and manage your home for free.
A few years ago, CEO Matt Ehrlichman, was building a home and yearned for a site to help him through the process. There really wasn’t anything out there, so he set out to create Porch.
Here are some of the questions they asked me:
- If your life were a song, what would it be?
- It’s My Life by Bon Jovi. In the song it says “it’s now or never”. When I hit publish on my first post, it was really scary. It’s hard opening yourself and your family up to the world. If people don’t like your blog or a project you did, it’s hard to not take that personally because it’s something that you created. As a whole, blogging has been a very positive experience, and I get to make money doing something that I love.
- Pinterest or Facebook?
- If your walls could only be painted one color for the rest of your life, what would they be and why?
- Gosh that’s hard. I love my aqua dining room, but I wouldn’t want my whole house painted that color. I would go with grey. It’s a good neutral, and I could add my aqua pops of color in accessories.
- What are you exceptionally good at? (Permission to brag)
- Working well under pressure. I am the queen of over committing, and I tend to always be working up against some deadline. Most of my best work occurs in the wee hours of the night.
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve collected?
- I have a collection of vintage wedding cake toppers and a collection of tiny vintage dogs.
- What gets you in to the holiday spirit?
- Christmas music. I start listening to it the day it comes on the air! This year that was the 2nd week in November. The channel in my car does not change until Dec 26th … much to my hubby’s dismay. He does not share my love of Bing Crosby.
- What’s a home trend you hope doesn’t exist in 100 years?
- Hmm.. I’m not sure what trend I hope doesn’t exist, but I do hope people continue to use vintage items to decorate. I love how much character they can give a home, and I love looking around my home and having the memories of the person that passed the item down to me come back.
- Favorite words to live by?
- It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.
To see the rest of the questions (like My DIY Weapons-of-Choice and My Biggest DIY Fail) head over to Porch.com to read the rest of the questions.