I’ve been busy working on my gallery wall for my basement, and I decided I needed one of the ever-popular arrows you have seen all around. I wanted a fairly large one, and I didn’t want to dish out the money to buy one, so
I Topher decided to build one.
I had an old pallet sitting in the garage that I scored for free a while back, and a really old piece of tongue-and-groove board.
For the arrowhead, I simply cut two triangles from the tongue-and-groove so the pieces would line up right and fit snugly together.
Once those were cut to size, I secured them with wood glue along the tongue/groove joint and used painter’s tape to secure them together (since the shape didn’t lend itself to a clamp).
For the shaft of the arrow, I used half the length of the widest board on the pallet.
For the “feathers”, I used a skinny pallet board and cut it down, so I had four boards that had a flat edge on one side and a 45° cut on the other side.
To secure the pieces to the arrow shaft, I used wood glue to stick them together, and then used nails through the back for extra hold.
The arrowhead gets tacked onto one end of the board, and the “feathers” get stuck on the other side, making sure to line-up the 45° cuts so the boards are angled out.
I then dry brushed a light coat of Plaster Paint’s Seaside on and called it good!