Remember how I said it was so cool last weekend that it got me motivated to do my Fall Home Tour?
Well, that was short lived because it has been stinkin’ hot here the last couple of days. Good news is we are heading to Vail today where the high is a whopping 68 degrees! The unnamed child is so excited to get to wear her beloved leggings once again.
Don’t worry, my parents are going to be staying at the house to take care of the fur babies — God help them (my parents … I think).
So, since the kiddo won’t have school tomorrow, we are staying up late tonight binge watching Nashville. We started watching that a couple of weeks ago, and we are hooked. We can sleep in the car tomorrow (fun ride for Topher). Oh, I suppose I also need to straighten my hair, pack, and make a list of all of the weird things my mom will have to take care of with the pets.
Here’s what I’ve got so far for the folks.
- Charlie will wake you up at 5:00 am to go potty. LuLu will run right out after him and Gracie will take at least 2-3 minutes to stretch before she decides to go out.
- Give all three dogs a Benadryl wrapped in ham. Gracie and Charlie will eat theirs immediately, LuLu will have to decide whether or not she trusts you before she will take hers.
- Feed Kitten her wet cat food, she only eats dry food every couple of days (she’s around 100 in cat years).
- Turn on the faucet in the bathroom for Kitten and lift her up there. She will only drink out of the sink and will sooner die of dehydration rather than drink from a bowl. She used to be able to jump up herself, but now that she is ancient you have to lift her.
- Let the dogs out again around noon. Lulu will only potty after Gracie has gone because she likes to go in the same place. You will have to kick Charlie off the deck because at this point he will have to poop, and he will not want to unless you force him.
- Kitten will bawl throughout the day (and night) anytime she wants another drink.
- Dogs need to be fed and given another Benadryl.
- Kitten needs fed again and likes to have treats at night.
- Right before bed, Kitten needs her syringe of thyroid medication shot down her throat. This is the tricky one. I’m sure it will involve hissing and lots of swearing on your part. If it doesn’t all go down her throat, she will bawl hysterically all night and next day. She will also howl for water every 5 minutes, and you will want to blow your brains out. I would just make sure it all goes down.
- Dogs need to go out right before bed, and if the neighbors’ dogs (on either side) are out at the same time, all hell will break loose.
As I said, may God be with them.
Now that’s my list. Topher’s would look something like: Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, and sometimes tend to the others…
Back to the whole fall thing.
It was time for a new wreath for the front door.
I have been busy the last two weeks, so I wanted to do something quick and easy.
First I started out with a wreath form. I got the flat one since I knew I would be gluing pumpkins to it.
I then glued the top of each strip to the form, and then wrapped the strip around and around the wreath.
I used three strips, and that covered the whole form.
Once the entire wreath was covered in fabric, I started gluing on these leaves I picked-up from Dollar Tree.
I then glued on some metallic pumpkins from Michael’s.
I made a big bow for the top, and that was it!
I think it’s … gourd-geous (get it).