Hello my friends! I’ve missed you!
Sorry I have been MIA lately, but Topher and I went on a trip to San Francisco last week, and it took me a couple of days to catch up. We had a lot of fun and some crazy adventures — if you want to follow along on our journey head over to our IG feed at Our Empty Nest Adventures.
Lately I have been working on my hoard problem. Making over furniture requires a lot of inventory, and right now I have inventory spilling out my ears. I am trying to get it all in one spot instead of the basement, the garage, and the storage unit.
I decided to get rid of the storage unit since it’s the one that is costing me money, so I started working on making over some of the bigger pieces to start clearing things out.
I have had this giant 70’s beast around for awhile, and it was time for it to go.
I started by cleaning off all of the dirt and grime with Simple Green.
I then removed all of the hardware and gave it several coats of Rust-Oleum spray paint in Pure Gold.
I then painted the entire piece with 2-3 coats of Plaster Paint in Sweet Cream.
Once the piece was dry, I gave it a coat of Plaster Paint’s Paste Wax and buffed it off.
I think it looks a whole lot better now!